Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So much for the ice storm

We were promised a very dramatic ice storm yesterday. It was going to be bad- power may be out, trees and power lines down, people stranded due to horrible roads. Kirk and I were all set to stay home from work today. On the radio this morning, schools were cancelled. Universities were cancelled-and it's finals week! Even non-essential personnel on the military base had a delayed start! The roads must be horrible, right?

Then we looked outside and saw...lots of rain. No ice, no downed trees, no reason to stay home from work. They must have cancelled those other things last night, when they were expecting the mini-apocalypse.

While I'm glad that we're not getting it as bad as Oklahoma, I was all set for a day off! Now I'm worried that the freezing rain will come while I'm at work, leaving me stranded and forced to subsist on questionable cafeteria food.

No comments: