Saturday, December 1, 2007

In case you were wondering...

I got the job!  I now work at Case New Holland as the
Engineering Coordinator. I've been there a little
over a week and I think I'll like it much more than my
previous job.

My job is to process Engineering packages to make sure
that everything has been done that needs to be done. I
make sure that everything on the drawings is also on
the bill of materials so they have everything to build
the equipment. It is not a difficult job, but it is
very detail oriented and there are billions of small
details to remember. I think I'm doing well so far.
My trainer says I've already done more on my own in
the week I've been here than the guy who last had my
position did in the month he was here. There is
PLENTY to do! I don't see how the person who is
training me managed to do this on her own for over a
year without help.

It will be a very busy job, and I will likely have to
do overtime. I don't mind so much though. Since it
is hourly, I'll get paid time and a half for any
overtime. It is contract, so it will not be forever,
but it will give me some time to figure out what I
want to be when I grow up. As a bonus, it is much
closer to home than my last job, pays more, and the
contract is much longer. Once I am trained, they will
allow me to work from home a day or two a week, which
will be awesome as well.

No comments: