Wednesday, June 27, 2007

First Fruits/Job Hunt Update

Our garden is really starting to take off! Here's the first of the zucchini and the tomatoes. (They are supposed to be yellow, but they taste the same as regular cherry tomatoes.) We are going to have tomatoes up to the ceiling judging from how many green ones are on the vines. We got a grand total of four strawberries, but I think that the freeze we had the weekend right after we put in the plants did them in pretty well and I'm amazed we got any at all. Our cantaloupe vines look like we're going to get some cantaloupe, but nothing yet! The weeding has been insane; we can't keep up. Next year will be better. I'm going to try a method I read about in Momma's Guide to Growing Your Own Groceries, which involves covering the garden with newspapers and putting a special black tarp for plants over it.



I am still applying for jobs, but have yet to hear from anyone yet. I'm applying for technical writing positions (not many are out there so far), administrative assistant type jobs, and college level teaching jobs. I've also been looking for editing jobs, but the only one I've seen has not called me back yet, and it was so long ago that I applied, I doubt that they will. Oh well.

No comments: