Friday, January 15, 2010

Another Day, Another Dollar

I'm (Cathy) am working a temp job at Wichita State as a bookstore cashier. The job will last anywhere from 2-4 weeks for the student rush. So far it is not that bad.

My very first job was as a grocery store cashier at Cub Foods. I am amazed at how different the cash registers are now. At Cub, I had to remember a lot more and DO a lot more. Now the computer does nearly everything for me! It's nice.

I had forgotten how hard it was to be on my feet all day. Years of cushy office type jobs has spoiled me.

It's not a bad gig, but I know I'll be ready to leave when the temp job is over. They use the same temps over and over, so it's possible that I will be asked to work the Fall rush as well. If I have time, I'll do it! It's not a bad way to earn some extra money.

No comments: