Sunday, October 28, 2007

Jeremy's Gig

Jeremy's band had their first gig ever last night. Yay! Since Kirk is in Colorado, Cathy went to see him. It was supposed to be a costume party as well. Jeremy went as Matthew Lesko, that "Buy my book and get government money!" informerical guy. I thought that the costume was pretty good. He got the pants and the jacket at Goodwill. The question marks are made of felt and glued on with a hot glue gun.


I wore my Amish outfit. I got it off E-bay a few years ago. Every single Halloween I've worn this, somebody has asked me if it is a costume, or if I was really Amish. Each time I've been asked this, I've been at a bar. I never knew the Amish frequented bars so often! Yesterday took the cake though. Even though it was supposed to be a costume party- nobody but Jeremy and I had on a costume. A woman came up to me to see if I was really Amish or not. When I said it was a costume, she gave me a weird look and asked if I was from America or not- as she could not tell from my accent. Okay. This morning Jeremy told me the same woman came up to him and asked what was up with his clothes. I guess no one else got the "this is a costume party" memo.

No comments: